We cannot accept businesses which sell illegal products or are involved in any illegal activity. This applies for:
- Drugs, medical marijuana, cannabis seeds, drug paraphernalia.
- Illegal substances and products.
- Human organs and weapons.
- Counterfeit products and replicas.
- Unauthorized copyright media and software.
- Merchants involved with bestiality, rape, hate, violence, or incest.
- Child abuse imagery and child pornography.
- Jail breaker equipment and software.
- Hacking and cracking materials.
- Fake credentials, fake academic papers, etc.
- In-game items.
- Shell banks.
Some businesses are legal only when complying with some specific laws or rules. They either should have special licences or age verification. It can be difficult to check this online, so they are also prohibited:
- Tobacco and e-cigarettes.
- Medical consultation.
- HCG weight loss products.
- ESTA, Immigration/Visa passport.
- Files sharing and storage.
- Unlicensed lottery.
- Unlicensed IPTV.
- Escort, adult entertainment, pornography.
Some merchants are too troublesome to work with because of very high dispute and chargeback rates. Sometimes customers need to wait too long for a service/product to be delivered. In some other cases, a product/service could not be delivered at all due to unforeseen circumstances. Considerable customer dissatisfaction makes such businesses prohibited:
- Get rich schemes.
- Ticket brokers.
- Precious metals/materials.
- Stamps and coins.
- Extended warranties.
- Telemarketing companies.
- Delayed delivery merchants.
Some industries are more liable to fraud than others. That is why financial institutions are not allowed to accept the following companies to prevent any criminal activity and money laundering:
- 3rd party/aggregation.
- Collection agencies.
- Payday lenders.
- Credit repair companies.
- Loan modification.
- Government loans.
- PPI claims.
- Penny auctions
If you are not sure whether your business falls into the Prohibited Business category, feel free to contact us. Our team of devoted risk analysts will take every aspect of your specific company into consideration in order to make the right decision.