Start the next chapter of your payment career in Malaysia
NomuPay is building an international team of payments innovators. Review our open positions and apply to work with us today.
Email us your application today
Review open roles and apply with ease
Looking for an exciting new payment career opportunity? Know someone who could help us solve some of the toughest problems in fintech? The team here at NomuPay is eager to hear more.
If you’re interested in applying for one of the below positions, simply send a cover letter and resume to hr[@]nomupay.com for our recruiting team to review. Please put the job title in the subject line.
NomuPay is a leading global payments platform that aims to simplify global payments and international commerce through a single payment connection and API integration. We currently operate in Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Philippines, Turkey, and the Pacific Islands and expanding to additional markets and geographies rapidly. We need a seasoned technical writer to help us tell our integration story via an intuitive and informative knowledge base and documentation strategy.
As such, we are recruiting for a Sr. Technical Writer to manage the production of end-to-end technical documentation covering all areas of our evolving payments platform. It is important to note that the applicant selected for this role will be responsible for leading the development and ongoing maintenance of a holistic developer documentation strategy from the very beginning. Our goal: build a documentation portal that enables merchants, marketplaces, and payment companies to 1) easily identify and understand the value of our technology and 2) quickly and competently integrate with our software.
The applicant will be responsible for collecting and outlining requirements for building this documentation portal from various stakeholders across product, engineering, and marketing. The applicant will need to assess, vet, and ultimately help select and implement our merchant-facing documentation management system. At the same time, this individual will also be required to produce written technical documentation across various product teams. The applicant should have experience in building out processes related to written documentation development. They should also have strong project and product management skills and be familiar with agile working environments. Experience working with remote teams across various time zones is highly recommended.
At NomuPay, you will be part of an experience team of likeminded individuals that put customers and developers at the forefront of what we build. Founded in 2021, NomuPay is VC-funded and has a presence in London, Dublin, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Istanbul, and Bangkok. The executive team is comprised of industry veterans with previous experience at PayPal, US Bank, Barclays, Ingenico, Evo Payments, and American Express.
- Document new product, features, and APIs.
- Increase developer and integrator velocity by providing high-quality content that would make it intuitive and logical.
- Document standards and best practices for developers and integrators.
- Organize documents and provide easy to navigate and search for relevant material.
- Ensure that documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Maintain document quality and terms and language consistency.
- Working closely with product and development teams.
- Proficient in writing software documentation
- Exceptional writing and solid technical competence
- Experienced creating automated documentation tools and services
- Experience in writing about API documentation and programming languages including Java, Python, PHP, Node, .NET Core
- Comfortable and knowledgeable with Git
- Experience with open API and open API tooling
- Proven experience working in an agile environment
- Strong execution and ability to drive work to completion
- BS in CS required
- Experience with Postman is not required, but an asset
We are looking for Sales Directors in Malaysia, Hong Kong and Thailand with experience in the merchant acquiring and third-party payment company businesses, enterprise consultative sales, and international payouts. This position will report to the Head of Global Revenue and will work with other teams to drive growth for NomuPay.
Your main responsibilities:
- Acting as the “face” of the company within your market to help establish our brand credibility across the client, regulatory, banking, etc. landscapes
- Identify promising verticals and prospects that will help NomuPay grow a healthy pipeline across various verticals
- Help new clients evaluate NomuPay and handle detailed questions about our product capabilities
- Prepare thorough presentations and proposals for prospective clients
- Orchestrate the entire Sales process and act as the main point of contact for clients and internal stakeholders
- Maintain a solid, organised portfolio and nurture key accounts
- Partner with other Sales Leaders to share best practices, key business insights and industry trends
- Provide feedback on local trends including competitor insights, customer needs, sales, product and marketing information
- Pro-actively report your activities in company CRM system and monitor core metrics, KPIs, and trends
Key skills and experience:
- 7+ years of Sales experience in ecommerce, online payment industries, brick-n-mortar (POS) payments, and international payouts; ideally in fast-growing startup-like environments
- Solid network of potential prospects and partners in the region is highly preferable
- Track record of hitting and exceeding sales goals as an individual contributor in charge of the full sales cycle
- Self-driven with a strong appetite for challenge
- Highly collaborative, with ability to work cross-functionally and provide insight to various internal stakeholders across the business
- Highly organised and effective in driving internal processes forward
- Knowledge of consultative sales frameworks and CRM systems
- Tech-savvy and fast-learner, with a real passion for solving complex problems
- Extraordinary communication and negotiation skills
- Able to prioritise shifting workloads and responsibilities effectively
- Experience working with marketplaces, marketplace solutions, fraud management or card-issuing solutions is a plus, but non-mandatory
- Fluent in English and Cantonese / Malay
As part of the NomuPay Strategy team, you help NomuPay build what’s next for our business. This project and partnership role sits within the Strategy team. The Strategy team is responsible for driving the most visible and highest impact projects within the organization and planning, negotiating and closing high impact deals/ partnerships, spanning across APAC.
As a Strategic Projects & Partnership Manager, you will be responsible for:
- leading the assessment and execution of a single or multiple workstreams and projects with cross-line of business or external impacts. This role will likely support multiple projects simultaneously, with projects duration ranging from 3 to 6 months, and starting up on a rolling basis.
- driving and supporting partnership initiatives across Asia Pacific to scale up our acquiring business, demonstrating NomuPay’s proposition and vision across the payment industry or payment-adjacent ecosystems.
The employee in role will partner with a line-of-business leaders or subject-matter-expert, as well as key support partners such as sales, legal, risk, finance, technology, and operations.
Must have the abilities to navigate a global matrixed environment, leverage existing relationships and build new ones to deliver results. This position will be highly-visible, and requires a person who is a self-starter, has a strong sense of ownership and is very comfortable working in VUCA situations.
The day-to-day activities
The Strategic Project & Partnerships Manager will be responsible for:
- Analysing present-state conditions, developing future-state approaches and facilitating implementation of solutions.
- Work with multiple cross-functional internal teams simultaneously to define implementation strategy for new strategic initiative and create new processes
- Responsible for the management of the entire project lifecycle by working with cross functional teams around the world to manage the end-to-end launch of projects
- Serve as a key team member to define opportunities in the current landscape, strategize, structure and execute partnerships
- Drive projects/deals end-to-end: commercial negotiation, deal closure, project management and execution.
- Oversee relationship management with partners, including maintaining key relationships at senior levels and driving partners to meet / exceed on key partnership metrics
- Prepare and deliver regular business reviews / project updates to NomuPay senior management on progress, roadblocks and solutions
- Supporting commercial and partnership teams on initiatives and projects with different external clients
- Evaluate customer requirements and develop business plan to meet these requirements.
- Work with the internal departments and external partners to execute business plans and strategies.
Preferred candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role in fintech / technology or top-tier management strategy/management consulting
- A track record of successfully leading and managing projects and building strong relationships with both internal and external teams.
willing to potentially learn a new line of business or function, and demonstrate a willingness to fully partner with business subject-matter-experts
- Excellent written, verbal and in-person communication skills
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple priorities
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong written skills and be comfortable presenting to senior leaders in such a manner that synthesizes complicated ideas for discussion and approval.
The Governance Risk, and Compliance (GRC) Specialist is responsible for the assessing and documenting of NomuPay’s compliance and risk posture as they relate to the information assets.
The purpose of this position is to provide highly skilled technical and information security expertise for development and implementation of the information security risk management program. Responsibilities require leadership and project management experience, as well as expertise to ensure effective system-wide security analysis; intrusion detection; standards and testing; risk assessment; awareness and education; and development of policies, standards and guidelines.
Reporting position: The GRC Manager reports to the Chief Information Security Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth and compliant functioning and maintain the reputation of the organisation
Operate with a high degree of independence with regard to project management activities, including development of project plans and budget/resource estimates.
- Lead the development and implementation of the company-wide information security risk management function to ensure information security risks are identified and monitored.
- Internally assess, evaluate and make recommendations to management regarding the adequacy of the security controls for the NomuPay’s information and technology systems.
- Recommend programmatic and technical directions and operate with a high degree of independence in matters relating to the investigation, impact, and analysis of security incidents, decisions regarding risk, and measures for computer and network security.
- Ensure continuous improvement risk management through the implementation and improvement of key risk indicators.
- Support the company-wide information security compliance program, ensuring IT activities, processes, and procedures meet defined requirements, policies and regulations.
- Develop and implement effective and reasonable policies and practices to secure protected and sensitive data and ensure information security and compliance with relevant legislation and legal interpretation.
- Execute strategy for dealing with increasing number of audits, compliance checks and external assessment processes for internal/external auditors
- Interact in both oral and written communications with all levels of staff, in matters related to information security and security awareness materials.
- Work with external auditors and regulatory bodies as appropriate on required security assessments and audits
- Coordinate and track all information technology and security related audits including scope of audits, departments involved, timelines, auditing agencies and outcomes.
- Work with auditors as appropriate to keep audit focus in scope, maintain excellent relationships with audit entities and provide a consistent perspective that continually puts the institution in its best light.
- Provide guidance, evaluation and advocacy on audit responses.
- Must be able to assess computer hardware, software, and systems for security risks or violations and work with IT staff and technology vendors to recommend solutions.
- Must be able to assess the status of complex multi-location projects as well as identify and implement appropriate corrective measures to resolve issues as they arise.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and the ability to project that attitude to customers in remote locations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Minimum Qualifications and skills
- 5+ years of advanced IT skills with high level of information security experience and expertise
- Strong knowledge of information security risk management frameworks and compliance practices.
- Knowledge of securing network technologies, client, and server operating systems.
- Ability to develop security standards and guidelines based on best practices and industry standards
- Experience responding to, analysing, and communicating information security incidents
- 3+ years of planning and managing security projects
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, including formal report writing experience
- Understanding of common security standards and regulations (e.g., PCI DSS, ISO2700x, etc.)
- Should be familiar with laws affecting the financial services sector
Preferred Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or other related field
- Skills in documenting risk and compliance activities
- Information security related training or certifications such as CISSP or CRISC
- Experience performing information security audits or risk assessments
- Familiarity with security auditing processes
- Able to create and maintain management dashboards
Reporting to: Dublin – Group CFO
- Professionalism, mobility, initiative, commitment and objectivity
- Highly motivated and able to work proactively in a changing environment
- Fluent English both verbal and written.
- Willingness to travel to our companies (estimate 20% PA)
Relevant experience and knowledge:
- Qualified Accountant or internal audit experience
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the payments business an advantage
- 5-7 years’ experience in a large accounting / audit firm or similar accounting/business experience
- Experience in corporate governance, internal controls evaluation, compliance and substantive testing
The nature of the role is outlined below. Flexibility is required within the role, which includes some core elements but also periodic emphasis on change management, transformation or project management type activities.
Areas in which the successful candidate would have significant involvement would include the following:
- Individually or working as part of a team, plan and carry out multi scope reviews of operational and financial controls
- Conduct periodic internal audit as required by NomuPay’s group policies, and ad hoc review as required by card schemes and regulators in the applicable jurisdictions
- Provide unbiased and objective view of the evaluation to the Board and / or the Audit Committee of the Board
- Devise practical solutions, offer advice and guidance and co-ordinate the reporting of issues that arise during audits/reviews to promote improvements to risk management and internal processes
- Use audit software to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of audits
- Carry out special project work as required
- Liaise and build relationships with senior group and operating company management on issues and solutions
Areas in which the successful candidate would have the opportunity to develop
- Develop their risk and control & governance experience
- Development of payment knowledge
- Develop their knowledge of business operations throughout the group, divisions, cluster and operating company levels
- Linking the risk and control work to enterprise strategy
- Develop their negotiating, influencing, problem solving and analytical skills
Reporting to: Head of Global Regulatory Legal and Compliance
- Render internal advice on aspects of regulatory compliance, including but not limited to anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, licensing, mandatory reporting requirements, outsourcing, the provision of financial or product advice, and advertising;
- Function as central point of contact for local supervisory authorities, in particular to the BOT, AML counsel or similar, and auditors;
Ensure that all Regulatory and AML circulars and memorandums are up to date, and communicate these updates to all internal parties concerned;
- Retain all Regulatory and AML communications and correspondences including notices, circulars, and memorandums;
- Write and maintain Regulatory and AML compliance policies and procedures and other documents such as compliance manuals, internal codes of conduct and practice guidelines;
- Act as primary resource for liaising with the Thailand or Philippines business for maintaining and reviewing the annual Risk Framework Assessment for all compliance and risk related activities.
- Obtain and/or renew regulatory licenses for jurisdictions assigned, including the preparation and submission of all required documentation;
- Keep and maintain records of high risk customers, and report suspicious activities to the authorities;
- Review, approval or rejection of AML/KYC escalations;
- Evaluate potentially suspicious transactions and filing STRs where appropriate;
- Review new or revised products and provide Compliance input and monitor product development to ensure compliance;
- Assist to build and maintain a regulatory change regime which will have alert system, operational implementation, and post-implementation monitoring;
- Conduct, process, and control reviews to ensure audit readiness and help the business prepare in achieving satisfactory audit results;
- Assist to coordinate external and internal audits as required for, but not limited to, the purposes of internal investigations, mandatory regulatory and AML requirements;
- Conduct or support internal investigations and reviews in conjunction with the legal function;
- Ensure that the business has effective controls in place to comply with operating procedures, corporate policies, and Regulatory and AML requirements.
- Advise and facilitate the creation and further development of control procedures to avoid breaches of regulatory obligations, in particular to those relating to non-Bank Financial Institutions, AMLA, etc.;
- Oversee the development, coordination and evaluation of a compliance reporting system;
- Ensure timely submission of all Regulatory and AML compliance reports.
Develop, maintain, document and conduct the compliance training program, including development, implementation and execution;
the compliance function shall be responsible for maintaining official English translation of bank documents including, but not limited to policies, procedures, manuals, and all documents supporting the approval of transactions and contracts/agreements entered into; and
- Generally assist the Head of Global Regulatory Legal and Compliance, in all other matters as directed.
Professional Experience and Requirements:
- Experience in financial regulatory/statutory reporting, interpretation, and analysis to management is required.
- Experience in Banking and Payments industry preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organization internally, and among external parties.
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Strong prioritization and execution skills.
- Quality focused with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Proficiency in MS office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Unify and simplify your payments approach with help from NomuPay. Integrate once to unlock unlimited growth potential.